Telnet can be used to deploy a SCA file on to the JAVA stack. This is the most easiest and quickest way to deploy individual packages.
You can refer to SAP Note SAP Note 1715441 for detailed instructions.
Key points to remember:
- Telnet port to connect to is 5<Instance Number>08.
- Use command lsc to list the available server nodes.
- Use command jump <server node> to connect to a particular node.
- Server node will get restarted during the deployment and you will get disconnected from the telnet session.
- Use get_result to get the result of the deployment. You may receive error, command not found when you run the command. This may be because the node is still coming up. Give it some time until the node is available again.
1715441 – Deploy/Undeploy/Force Redeploy WAR/EAR/RAR/SDA/SCA files on SAP AS JAVA
2640229 – How to find dependencies of a deployed SDA/SCA on SAP AS Java