- Fully managed NoSQL database service.
- You cannot select Availability Zone while creating a DynamoDB table.
- No Secondary Indexes created by default. Must be created manually if required.
- Provisioned capacity set to 5 reads and 5 writes by default.
- Amazon DynamoDB stores three geographically distributed replicas of each table to enable high availability and data durability.
- Two Consistency models:
Eventually Consistent Reads (Default): Maximizes read throughput but change might not reflect immediately.
Strongly Consistent Reads: Can be request and give read speeds of less quicker.
- A single
Scanwill only return a result set that fits within the 1 MB size limit.