- Relational Database Service.
- Supported databases (AMMMOP – If it helps!)
- Contrary to DynamoDB, for RDS you can select the availability Zone for RDS in a region.
- There is no easy way to encrypt an all already existing unencrypted RDS instance.
You will have to make a snapshot add and encryption key to snapshot and restore the session using this encrypted snapshot.
- All database backups are automatically deleted once you delete the RDS instance.
- Default backup retention period is 1 day and can be extended up to 35 days.
- Read replicas are Asynchronous and Multi-AZ is Synchronous.
- Anything with read performance improvement points to Read Replicas and Anything with availability points to Multi-AZ Deployments.
- Backups are automatically deleted if you delete the RDS instance. May be there is still a snapshot if the person who deleted selected this option.